Steven M Smith has degrees in Biochemistry and Plant Biology from the Universities of Leicester, Indiana and Warwick and he worked as a postdoctoral researcher at the John Innes Centre, Norwich and the CSIRO in Canberra.
He spent 20 years at the University of Edinburgh before moving to the University of Western Australia as an Australian Research Council Federation Fellow. He is Chief Investigator in the ARC Centre of Excellence in Plant Energy Biology and he collaborates with research institutes, botanical gardens and mining companies. His work encompasses bioenergy, plant biotechnology, environmental sciences and agriculture.
- Have we entered the era of ‘de-growth’?
- Why should you be interested in helium?
- The need for objectivity in the energy debate
- The ABC of tomorrow’s world: Amphibians, Bailouts and Carbon
- Rare Earth Elements in oceanic mud – saviour of the new energy and electronics industries?
- Future Production of Food Crops
- Provocations for Discussion
- Energy is neither renewable nor sustainable
- Responsible Energy Reporting